PDA

View Full Version : Bash issue dir '.' not found

ivan6
August 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I new in bash scripting, and having the following problem. When I run script I get the message "dir '.' not found"

But when I enter the same command manually, everything works perfect

#!/bin/bashBASEDIR=`dirname "$0"`
source "$BASEDIR/environment.sh"
if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then exit 1; fi

QUERY_VIDEO="$1"
FNAME=`basename "$QUERY_VIDEO"`

QUERY_DATA_DIR="$BIN_DIR/data_$FNAME"
QUERY_SEGMENTATION_CODE="SEGCTE_1/3_SEG"
QUERY_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS="3fps"
QUERY_DESCRIPTOR_CODE="PROM_1U_EHD_4x4_8x8_5_K10_8F"
QUERY_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS="EHD_3fps"

REFERENCE_DATA_DIR="$BIN_DIR/reference_data"
REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS="EHD_3fps"

SEARCH_DIR="$BIN_DIR/search_$FNAME"
DISTANCE_FUNCTION="DESC,L1"

#manualy define query video
QUERY_VIDEO="/home/alex/Videos/1_1_Y.flv"

RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -new -db "$QUERY_DATA_DIR" -fileType video -recursiveDirs -checkVideoFrames "$QUERY_VIDEO"
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -segment -db "$QUERY_DATA_DIR" -seg "$QUERY_SEGMENTATION_CODE" -alias "$QUERY_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS"
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -extract -db "$QUERY_DATA_DIR" -seg "$QUERY_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS" -desc "$QUERY_DESCRIPTOR_CODE" -alias "$QUERY_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS"

RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_search" -new -profile "$SEARCH_DIR" -query "$QUERY_DATA_DIR" -descQ "$QUERY_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS" -reference "$REFERENCE_DATA_DIR" -descR "$REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS" -dist "$DISTANCE_FUNCTION"
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_search" -ss -profile "$SEARCH_DIR" -knn 3 -searchID SEARCH
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_localization" "$SEARCH_DIR\ss,SEARCH.txt" -maxDetections 10 -multiDetection -out "$SEARCH_DIR\ss,SEARCH.detections" -outVLC "$SEARCH_DIR\results.sh"

Vaphell
August 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
what is RUN? what happens when you drop it?

ivan6
August 21st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I didn't entered RUN in terminal, because it is not recognized, anyway, the script is not mine, and when i drop the RUN command in bash script I get just:

dir '.' not found

dwhitney67
August 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM
What's defined in environment.sh?

Also, when you ran to script in the terminal (e.g. $ bash Search.sh), it would seem that you neglected to supply a second argument to the bash statement. Early in the Search.sh script, there's a reference to value of $1, which does not appear to be set.

Vaphell
August 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
yes, missing param might be it

you don't have to post printscreens, you can copy text from terminal and paste it.
highlight to copy, middleclick to paste or ctrl+shift+c, ctrl+v (terminal needs additional shift because 'standard' shortcuts are taken)

ivan6
August 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
No, it's not missing parametar. For testing I have added the line to define variable (path):

QUERY_VIDEO="$1"

What's defined in environment.sh?

#!/bin/bashBASEDIR=`dirname "$0"`

A=`$BASEDIR/pvcd_db`

if [[ $? -ne 0 ]]; then exit 1; fi

export BIN_DIR="$BASEDIR"
export PVCD_NUM_CORES=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep '^processor' | wc -l`
export PVCD_NUM_CORES=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep '^processor' | wc -l`
export PVCD_PATH_TEMP="$BASEDIR"

function RUN {
echo
echo "$@"
"$@"
if [[ $? -ne 0 ]]; then exit 1; fi
}

dwhitney67
August 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
No, it's not missing parametar. For testing I have added the line to define variable (path):

QUERY_VIDEO="$1"

The script is executed sequentially. Thus with $1 undefined, what do you suppose will be the ultimate value for FNAME, if the value of QUERY_VIDEO is not set to nothing?

I'm not saying that this is the root cause of the issue you are experiencing with these scripts, but could be merely symptom that leads to the problem. As for the scripts, they are not bulletproof. You should add statements to Search.sh to ensure that the user (you) has entered all of the expected inputs before the script executes any other command.

Similar for 'environment.sh'; you should modify it to check whether pvcd_db is executable, not that you can run it!

A="/home/alex/Downloads/pvcd-0.2a/linux/pvcd_db"
if [ ! -x $A ]; then exit 1; fi

Lastly, if pvcd_db is deep in the bowels of your Downloads directory, should that not be the same path assigned to BIN_DIR? As is, BIN_DIR is assigned to the current directory in which you run the scripts (ie. dot, .).

ivan6
August 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
Sorry for confusion, paths /home/alex/Downloads/pvcd-0.2a/linux/pvcd_db and ~/Desktop/P-VCD are the same, the second is just link to the previous one. Anyway to avoid that i environment.sh changed to

A=`$BASEDIR/pvcd_db`if [[ ! -x $A ]]; then exit 1; fi

And bingo, it's not passing, so the file pvcd_db is not executable. So I tried

sudo chmod a+x ./pvcd_db

And again it's not working. But permission window it is ticked as executable

I also have 2nd script without "$1" argument, and the situation is the same dir '.' not found

#!/bin/bash
#BASEDIR=`dirname "$0"`
source "./environment.sh"
if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then exit 1; fi

REFERENCE_VIDEOS="$HOME"
REFERENCE_DATA_DIR="$HOME/reference_data"
REFERENCE_SEGMENTATION_CODE="SEGCTE_1/3_SEG"
REFERENCE_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS="3fps"
REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_CODE="PROM_1U_EHD_4x4_8x8_5_K10_8F"
REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS="EHD_3fps"

RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -new -db "$REFERENCE_DATA_DIR" -fileType video -recursiveDirs -checkVideoFrames "$REFERENCE_VIDEOS"
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -segment -db "$REFERENCE_DATA_DIR" -seg "$REFERENCE_SEGMENTATION_CODE" -alias "$REFERENCE_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS"
RUN "$BIN_DIR/pvcd_db" -extract -db "$REFERENCE_DATA_DIR" -seg "$REFERENCE_SEGMENTATION_ALIAS" -desc "$REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_CODE" -alias "$REFERENCE_DESCRIPTOR_ALIAS"

ps. I've tried to run scripts with as the root (sudo...)

dwhitney67
August 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
You do not want to execute pvcd_db here:

A=`$BASEDIR/pvcd_db`

Those back ticks are used for executing a program; some people (myself included) prefer to use $() in lieu of the back ticks. Regardless, you don't want to execute the command; just let the if-statement check if the file exists and is executable; the -x option will cover that.

So please, copy/paste exactly what you see below into the environment.sh script (and remove what you currently have, which looks similar, but is not the same):

A="/home/alex/Downloads/pvcd-0.2a/linux/pvcd_db"
if [ ! -x $A ]; then exit 1; fi

# alternatively

if [ ! -x "/home/alex/Downloads/pvcd-0.2a/linux/pvcd_db" ]; then exit 1; fi

ivan6
August 21st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Thank you. I've replaced the suggested lines, but that was not the real problem, anyway, I've played a little bit and managed to find out that in environment.sh line

export PVCD_PATH_TEMP="$BASEDIR" is the problem and I replaced with

export PVCD_PATH_TEMP="./"
And everyrhing works fine.