PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] External monitor not detected using bumblebee on Lenovo y580.

kontakt-a
August 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Hello,

I've used my external monitor (connected via HDMI), with my Lenovo Y580 (bumblebee, nvidia GTX 660m) and it worked just fine. Then i disconnected the monitor and i couldn't make it work again (the display is not getting detected). I reinstalled everything from scratch (xubuntu 13.04 and latest stable bumblebee), and the monitor was working again for something like two weeks (with many reconnects). Yesterday I disconnected the monitor once again, and after that it's not getting detected. I would like to avoid reinstalling the whole system. I've searched for some solutions, but apparently I haven't find anything which is working. The issue seems a little bit nondeterministic for me, and tbh I'm helpless right know. Do you know any solutions?\

Thanks in advance,
Kacper

RichardET
August 19th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I have no understanding of this - just throwing in a guess that the card is getting disconnected from the system and the driver never knows to reconnect it and your display defaults to the on board graphics?

kontakt-a
August 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Can I easily check which card is running atm, and is it possible to make external display work on both cards?