PDA

View Full Version : I've returned and I'm better now

Welly Wu
August 19th, 2013, 04:32 PM
My account was disabled for several months because I infracted upon the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I had a medical issue that required hospitalization and I'm making very good progress in my recovery. I reviewed the code of conduct and I've had time off to reflect upon my illness and how to cope with my symptoms and I wanted to return to say that I'm doing much better in my life now. I've moved to Nutley, NJ in a supportive living housing environment in a large apartment with another room mate who I get along with quite well. This was about two months ago when I moved in. I'm happier and healthy now and my medication dosage level has increased so it's much more highly effective. I'm trying to be as general as possible in describing my condition in the public and I don't want to get too specific about it.

I've learned the importance of conviviality and being sociable with others. I'm making new friends fast and we're participating in social meetings and parties during this summer. Things are going well with my parents and me and my life has taken a dramatic improvement recently. I can say that I've put my past behind me, forgiven others for their wrongs against me, and I hold no grudges against anyone. I'm happier now and this is the best chapter in my life now.

I'm fully disabled and I'm retired and I like this new lifestyle a lot.

My plans for the future are to help my parents to move out of their home into their new apartment this weekend. Longer term, I plan to enjoy my new lifestyle and make more new friends at the local public library and coffee shop. I met my best friend at Starbucks out of all places and he's been a loyal friend to me.

I'm saving up 6 months of money for emergencies and I should reach my goal by the end of this year or I'll be really really close to hitting my mark. Beyond that, I'm paying off old debts quickly and I'm nearing the light at the end of the tunnel medically speaking and financially.

I'm thankful that my account is now active and I've learned some lessons about my medical condition. You don't know what you've lost until it's gone is very true. I rely on Ubuntu Forums to research specific technical problems and solutions and it's kind of hard to troubleshoot without this resource. I won't abuse my membership in the future.

I find that the people on Ubuntu Forums are a bit more helpful and friendly than other places including social media outlets. You can look me up using my real name Welly Wu if you wish to contact me or send me a friendship request or follow me. I've cleaned up my act in real life and online due to my ongoing treatment during recovery. One of the most salient aspects about Ubuntu Forums is how far strangers will go out of their way to try to understand me and my situation in order to help me. I like the fact that people here know their limitations on how they can help and they don't try to point me to chase paper dragons if they feel that they've reached their limits.

Finally, thank you. I know that this was a long post, but I felt it was necessary. I hope you don't flag this post as spam or report it to a moderator or administrator after having read it.

MartyBuntu
August 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Welcome back.

Gnawnsense
August 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
My account was disabled for several months because I infracted upon the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. I had a medical issue that required hospitalization and I'm making very good progress in my recovery. I reviewed the code of conduct and I've had time off to reflect upon my illness and how to cope with my symptoms and I wanted to return to say that I'm doing much better in my life now. I've moved to Nutley, NJ in a supportive living housing environment in a large apartment with another room mate who I get along with quite well. This was about two months ago when I moved in. I'm happier and healthy now and my medication dosage level has increased so it's much more highly effective. I'm trying to be as general as possible in describing my condition in the public and I don't want to get too specific about it.

Firstly, welcome back! It's always splendid to hear that people are making progress, especially the extremely positive progress like you just described. Seems like things are taking a nice turn for you, and that's always an excellent thing to be happening.

I find that the people on Ubuntu Forums are a bit more helpful and friendly than other places including social media outlets. You can look me up using my real name Welly Wu if you wish to contact me or send me a friendship request or follow me. I've cleaned up my act in real life and online due to my ongoing treatment during recovery. One of the most salient aspects about Ubuntu Forums is how far strangers will go out of their way to try to understand me and my situation in order to help me. I like the fact that people here know their limitations on how they can help and they don't try to point me to chase paper dragons if they feel that they've reached their limits.

I can definitely relate here. I'm a member of a long of FOSS and Ubuntu related communities and the quality of the support and discussions on many of the third-party communities and social media outlets just are lacking when compared to the official Ubuntu hubs.

GwL3eNC
August 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I wish you success on your new way and furthermore much health.

Welly Wu
August 20th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes. I hope that I will be productive and fruitful upon my return.

I'll practice due diligence to be in full compliance with the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and the acceptable terms of usage in the long term future.

Bucky Ball
August 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Welcome back and it is heartening to hear your tale of a journey which has no doubt required strength, bravery, compassion and a good deal of self-reflection on your part. Takes a big effort to see it through and it looks like you're doing that. Keep the ball rolling and all the best in the future, both here and in life generally. ;)

coldraven
August 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Welcome back and congratulations. It sounds like you have weathered a storm and made it safely to the shore.
My personal philosophy is that the solution to a problem is the awareness that you have one.
Keep well.

Buntu Bunny
August 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Welcome back, Welly Wu.

kevdog
August 20th, 2013, 02:12 PM
No offense, but in my own life I've found that stepping away from computers in general and then returning on a limited basis is probably the best way to find this balance you are looking for.

ukripper
August 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Welcome back. It is always good to know the real "self" (aatma)

kostkon
August 20th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Welcome back.

Quackers
August 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Welcome back and very best wishes for your full and speedy recovery.

grahammechanical
August 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
It took me a long time to pick an appropriate avatar.

May I suggest somethings to remember?

Lots of people take medicine every day of their lives. I do. I could die if I did not take it. So, having to take medicine is nothing to be ashamed off. We may need medicine.

Good things can be said about everyone of us. Those good things are fixed in history and cannnot be removed. Sometimes we need to remember this about ourselves.

Set small goals rather than large goals and rejoice when you reach one of your goals.

We will have setbacks.

Motion affects emotion. I force myself to smile. The motion of smiling affects the emotion of being sad and my mood changes.

Regards and best wishes.

cortman
August 21st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Welcome back, and we are all glad to hear of the improvements in your life! Best regards.

DarkAmbient
August 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Welcome back, glad to read you're getting on your feet again. I know by experience it's not always easy living with a medical conditions. Best wishes!

mikodo
August 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
No offense, but in my own life I've found that stepping away from computers in general and then returning on a limited basis is probably the best way to find this balance you are looking for. ^^ Agreed Funny, I spent a total of 10 minutes on Ubuntu Forums today, because of a decision I made yesterday to start having a life again, away from computers and do some of the healthy things I used to do for years and years and what thread do I find and read? This one. The writing is on the wall for me.

Erik1984
August 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Welcome back Welly Wu, best of luck!

Cyril380
August 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
my medication dosage level has increased so it's much more highly effective.
That's the problem with drugs, of any kind.
Our body will get used to it after a while, then the doses have to be increased, or the drug has to be substituted for another which often is equally if not more toxic.
Non drug solutions (exercises, diets, meditations...) are better.
Best of luck to you, Welly.