PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 13.04 Brasero Bug

red_starfox2
August 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Hi, I have a wired bug in Brasero, after the last update...when I want to burn something, it has problems with the auto-detect for the GUI of the empty disk...if I not manually unmount it, it causes the burn progress to fail after writing the lead in...when I unmount it, it burns it successfully, but causes a system freeze on eject.

The last part may be due a slightly faulty FSB chip, but it works stable...also my Mint PC mounts the empty disk without showing it in mounts...than brasero works like a charm without any text input needed.

The bug PC specs are:
Gigabyte GS-85GXP with a Intel P4 2,66 GHz
PC2100 786 MB DDR-RAM
GeForce 7900GS/256 DDR/AGP 8X
160 GB HDD SATAII
DVD-DL-RW(LG)
Cardreader

ibjsb4
August 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I have found 'xfburn' to be reliable and if you want more features, k3b is a good choice. Both can be found in the software center.

GameGuru
August 21st, 2013, 12:54 AM
I am new to Ubuntu and I installed Nero Linux 4 but haven't used it yet. I love Nero in the Windows world, is it just as good in the Linux world?

red_starfox2
August 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Well, I have Brasero in use under Mint, were it runs a bit better...still not ejecting the disk but burns everything to iso extremely smooth and safe. I like it cause it's quite like Nero, but with way better working features and way more easy to operate. The Ubuntu machine is quite old, but does it's job safe as well, just crashes on ejecting some times...burned 1 Linux DVD and tow other CD's without problems...just froze up tow times on ejecting the disk...but the disk ejected and the disks all worked perfectly!!!
LOL
Love Linux for that kind of stable, freaking, hardware control stuff.
;3)

nenadlatinovic
August 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Brasero never worked for me too on Ubuntu, i've been using k3b more or less the whole time while on GNU/Linux.