PDA

View Full Version : Installer keeps crashing

bob18
August 14th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hello there. I've been trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 and Ununtu 13.04, but neither install. 12.04 gave a message saying that the download was third party and not an official release despite getting it directly from this website, and 13.04 brings me to a desktop session to find out more, but nothing beyond that. The computer in question is a new HP Pavilion G6-2235us. I've looked through various threads involving solutions to put in code and the like in order to solve the problem, but to be honest I have no computer expertise and wouldn't know where to begin in order to implement these various code lines or to make them work.

Boab1993
August 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hi bob18,

Try downloading the alternate CD image here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/

See how that goes.

bob18
August 15th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Aside from a few problems with configuring the network, which the ordinary releases covered automatically, leaving me without a working internet network, I was able to get it installed. However, now the thing doesn't let me login.

Boab1993
August 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Right, thats a tad different.

Is the login screen not appearing or are there no usernames or is it just rejecting your details?

Network wise, what seems to be the problem configuring it?

Bucky Ball
August 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forums, bob18.

Is the login screen not appearing or are there no usernames or is it just rejecting your details?

Network wise, what seems to be the problem configuring it?

If you can't login there is no network problem at this point. Let's keep the login and network as two separate support issues, deal with the primary login one here and the network one on a new thread in Networking & Wireless. Post there about that when you've gotten this fixed and post a link here for others to follow. ;)

There is no network issue until you fix login so that is first and foremost.