PDA

View Full Version : Trouble flashing ubuntu touch

frankennetbook
August 13th, 2013, 01:08 AM
So I recently bought an android phone for the purpose of trying out ubuntu os on a phone.

I bought a M-Horse 9500 mini which runs Android version 4.1.2, says kernel 2.6.35.7

I downloaded ubuntu successfully but when I went to deploy the image to the phone with:

phablet-flash cdimage-touch

and I got this error:
error: device not found
ERROR:phablet-flash:Command 'adb shell getprop ro.cm.device ' returned non-zero exit status 255

i then tried:

adb devices

and got no list of connected devices, I also enabled USB debugging as required.

Just wonder if anyone has any thoughts

Cheesemill
August 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
So I recently bought an android phone for the purpose of trying out ubuntu os on a phone.

You should have researched what devices you can install Ubuntu Touch on, your phone isn't currently supported.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

frankennetbook
August 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I was under the impression that it was made specifically for Nexus phones / tablets but I thought that it could be made to work on most android phones.

Also, shouldn't it at the least be visible to the computer?

grahammechanical
August 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I was under the impression that it was made specifically for Nexus phones / tablets

Specifically, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Neuxs 10.

I thought that it could be made to work on most android phones.

No. Only if the device has suitable hardware and someone has ported Ubuntu touch to it.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

Regards.

Ams_Domingos
August 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'M ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, TRIED TO INSTALL ON MY NEXUS 4. AND AT THE END OF THE INSTALLATION BEFORE RESET RETURN THIS ERROR: error: device not foundERROR:phablet-flash:Command 'adb shell mount /sdcard/' returned non-zero exit status 255

Ams_Domingos
August 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Someone has a solution?

frankennetbook
August 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Is there anything that needs to be done to make a phone "visible" to your computer? I know when I plug my Samsung into the computer it shows up right away, not sure why this phone wouldn't show up as attached / plugged into usb or whatever....

Ams_Domingos
August 26th, 2013, 07:16 PM
message appears at the end of the installation, after all procedures, after downloading and sending all files for the Nexus 4.

sG6QkYr
October 18th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Need reactive USB Developer Mode ;)

Repeat the step 2.1 and 2.2 and try again.

elliotn
November 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM
u need to enable Android debug mode in settings