PDA

View Full Version : How do i create a icon for a wine program

dominik2
August 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hey i installed the windows chemsketch software in wine and it works fine :D. now i want to create a icon like for the other applications. I use gnome3 and already created a shell which perfecly starts the application.

but i realy dont have an idea how to start it easily with an icon. Hope you guys can help :D

Frogs Hair
August 10th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I use Gimp to create icons , but there is a leaning curve . layering, cropping and scaling images from the Internet is not that difficult but hard to give instructions on this forum. Adding the icon via the main menu isn't difficult once the image is created , If I was making the icon I might start with an image like the one below and layer it to a solid color.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

hamishmb
August 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Well, this is slightly unclear. If you're saying you'd like to create your own images for progams, go ahead and create them and edit the menus with something like alacarte :) But, it's not enirely clear if that's what you're asking.

Frogs Hair
August 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I agree with hamishmb. Do you want to create a launcher an icon or both ? Could you describe how the program is currently being started and what you want to achieve. I took create icon literally as in create your own image or modify another.