PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gantt chart

leg
August 5th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I have produced a basic gantt chart in calc and I need to insert into libre office writer. Insert -> file didn't appear to work. Any idea how I can accomplish this?

Leon

newbie-user
August 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Take a screenshot maybe?

leg
August 7th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Yes I tried that I just hoped that there was an integrated way of doing it.

Leon

newbie-user
August 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Try this:

In Writer, go to Insert > Object > OLE Object...

Select "Create from file", then search for your spreadsheet.

cub
August 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe I don't understand the issue properly, but can't you just marked all the cells in Calc, CTRL-C, mark the spot in Writer and CTRL-V? I do that sometimes and if I double-click the part in Writer it let me edit the calc-sheet right there in Writer.

leg
August 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Yes I can do that but the pasted cells have the same orientation and I don't seem able to rotate to fit the page. Small and no point in them being there. I thought I could import the file and then I would be able to scale rotate so that it was viewable. I will try the OLE object reply from newbie.

Also I have to save it as .doc and I am always a little nervous with compatibility of some of these things.

cub
August 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Also I have to save it as .doc and I am always a little nervous with compatibility of some of these things.
Are others going to edit the document? If so, yes from other OS and Office products it could quickly mess up a lot. If not, why not just distribute the document as a PDF?

leg
August 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Good point I didn't think of that. Others will not edit but I may be required to submit a .doc but worth looking into.