PDA

View Full Version : QEmu/Wine to run windows .exe on ARMS

vezinadj
August 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I have developed a console application in windows (c++), and I am currently looking for a way to run it on a beaglebone black (no ubuntu desktop, ARM's). After doing some research online, I have found that some people have successfully done this using a combination QEmu and Wine, but there is no real step by step process of how to at least get started.

Has anyone else done this that could give me assistance?

I put ubuntu on my beaglebone black, and I manually compiled wine 1.3 (after 4 hours), and wrote a quick .exe that prints 'hello world' to the console and this is the std out:

ubuntu@ubuntu-armhf:~$ wineconsole --backend=curses WineTest.exe
fixme:seh:call_stack_handlers not implemented on ARM, exceptioncode: c0000005
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xb6d30000 at address 0xb6d30000 (thread 000b), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xb6d30000
fixme:seh:call_stack_handlers not implemented on ARM, exceptioncode: c0000005
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xb6d20000 at address 0xb6d20000 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xb6d20000

My assumption is that these read access errors are due to the architecture of the executable. Any one have any ideas on how I can get this exe running?

Thank you!

GwL3eNC
August 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hi,

is your exe working on a windows system without C++ installed (all things static linked in)?

vezinadj
August 4th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I am not sure, 'WineTest.exe' is a c++ program written/built in visual studio that just prints hello world to the console output. I am currently just trying to get this to work right now on the beaglebone, then I am going to try to get my larger project running.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout << "Hello world!";
return 0;
}

GwL3eNC
August 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Ok, I'm not shure and evtl. you have to visit a greater programming forum or wait a bit someone else can help you better. It is possible that you have a false linker setting to build a self standing exe which can run on a system without c++. Try to look at your project settings, specialy the compiler and linking options. Try to find out how to build a static linked exe in c++.

Please dont be angry if it was not the problem, but i can only think about that.