PDA

View Full Version : Changing Input Plugins on Mupen64Plus?

LillyDragon
August 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
My head already hurts from setting up Mupen to run my favorite N64 games, but it's all said and done, and I'm happy to just pick up and play any of them I want from their launchers. However, one game in particular, Majora's Mask, (A game I've been enjoying on and off since the month it released over a decade ago.) has a problem with the default Input plugin.

The game works fine, but when navigating the Start Menu, moving the analog stick left or right only switches between Inventory, Maps, Masks, and Quest Status menus, instead of individual elements inside them, so the game is virtually unplayable. Ocarina of Time is not doing this, so I'm puzzled. An obvious solution is to change plugins, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do that manually through configuration files. I know there are third-party GUI out there for Mupen, but they don't work for me, so I have to do it all the hard way.

tl;dr, does anybody know how to change the plugins? Or is there a simple problem that I'm triggering, and I'm overthinking this?