PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dash Tweak help

pikeminnow
August 2nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
1042This is the only thing that has truly bothered me since I switched from Fedora to Ubuntu. I'm on Precise Pangolin.

You know the Dash/HUD search thing? On GNOME 3 if I press the super and type, select a program and open it, and then go back to the HUD, it has cleared out. I don't have to manually excise my last search query, much like Google is fresh every time.

How do I make the search here fresh every time? I'll edit whatever config file I need, but I have very minimal scripting skills.

Apologies if this or something similar has been asked before, I can't figure out what the magic words are to make google give me what I want.

mc4man
August 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Pretty simple, you can't.
Whether it was designed that way or was that way & left, there is no user config available.

alan9800
August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
there would be unsettings (http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/unsettings/), but remember that is beta software.

pikeminnow
August 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the link to unsettings, which helped me install it, but it has no setting for making search fresh. I guess I will continue to be annoyed by this. How frustrating.