PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How do you create keyboard shortcuts in Xubuntu?

rastoboy
August 1st, 2013, 07:11 PM
Hello,

I'm surprisingly baffled by how to make a keyboard shortcut, for example, to lock my screen when I walk away from my computer. I located some insane thing called "Keyboard Input Methods", whose function and functionality are surely a mystery to everyone except the developer, but it doesn't seem to do this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
rasto

badhorse
August 1st, 2013, 07:44 PM
Try in configuration manager>keyboard. Second tab. Here you can assign keyboard shortcuts.

rastoboy
August 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Hi badhorse,

Thanks for that, but man I have looked all over and cannot find Configuration Manager. I even checked in Application Finder, and it can't find it either.

I'm using a fresh install of 13.04.

rasto

cbeal5816
August 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
(Top right corner of your desktop,click the gear)System Settings>hardware>keyboard, then you should see the shortcuts tab. That's obviously for Ubuntu 13.04, not Xubuntu.

Toz
August 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
In Xfce, its called Settings Manager. So, Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application shortcuts. (I believe Ctrll+Alt+Delete is the default shortcut for locking the workstation).

Also have a look at Settings Manager -> Windows Manager -> Keyboard for a listing of pre-existing keyboard shortcuts

badhorse
August 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Opss you're right!! Settings manager not configuration manager. Sorry, my xubuntu is in spanish and i made a bad translation.

rastoboy
August 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Gah, how could I miss it??

Thank you so much!