PDA

View Full Version : How about a BIG thank you?

squakie
August 1st, 2013, 01:57 AM
I know this isn't a problem/solution request, but I was hoping it might meet the larger number of people on the forums, and that it can be spread to the admins, etc..

I personally would like to extend a BIG thank you to everyone involved in the recent issues, and for their great patience in trying to help everyone like me who messed up this log in thing.

So, perhaps this will get moved somewhere, but how about everyone giving all the fine people at the forums a BIG THANK YOU!!

spause
August 1st, 2013, 02:33 AM
agreed. Folks expecting perfection after a incident on a free service are just not realistic. Lets see if the username situation has a fix that can be worked. We all hope for it, but if it can't happen we'll manage

BIG THANK YOU!

Hewjr100
August 1st, 2013, 02:38 AM
How about a round a large round of applause, with a standing ovation. Btw thank you very much for fixing my login name and account.

Henry

Bucky Ball
August 1st, 2013, 02:40 AM
:guitar:Thread moved to The Cafe.

And so say all of us! It's good to be back. :guitar:

hansdown
August 1st, 2013, 03:04 AM
A very big thankyou to all the mods and admins, for their help with those who are having issues.

Their patience is inspiring.

Version Dependency
August 1st, 2013, 04:25 AM
Thanks indeed.

Megaptera
August 1st, 2013, 05:04 AM
... and a big THANK YOU from me too!

BlinkinCat
August 1st, 2013, 05:16 AM
... and a big THANK YOU from me too!

I noticed Megatera that you gave thanks to Elfy in your Resolution Center Thread.

I agree with you, Elfy particularly yesterday (as well as other mods of course) worked tirelessly to help out those in trouble. We are indeed lucky to have such a helpful team. - :D

norm-cook
August 1st, 2013, 06:17 AM
Agreed, thanks to those who undoubtedly logged many hours toiling and testing and toiling to get the forums back online. \\:D/

vasa1
August 1st, 2013, 06:59 AM
A very big thank you to all the mods and admins, for their help with those who are having issues.

Their patience is inspiring.

Especially their patience! That's just amazing.

(Plus the forums are much quicker after coming back online.)

Copper Bezel
August 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Yes, and providing the links to the Discourse and Reddit groups in the interim was a very good show. Nicely done, all.

rsgangr
August 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM
I too, should like to express a big THANK YOU to all Admins, Moderators and everybody else who was involved in resolving the forum issues. It is good to have the forums back - I have already found the answer to a problem that arose whilst the forums were down!

DeadlyOats
August 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yes! I want to say thank you! Yay! I got my account back! Elfy is awesome! I know it took forever, but. I suppose congratulations are also in order, for getting the forums back online - WITH ALL OF THE HISTORY, PAST THREADS, AND UNTOLD THOUSANDS OF VALUABLE PIECES OF ADVICE - AND OUR ACCOUNTS. They could have just abandoned all of that old stuff in the forums and said, "to heck with all of that. Let's just start a new forums." But it seems like they got it all back.

Again, Thank you.

rewyllys
August 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
(Thank you)^100!

Peter Maunder
August 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks to all of you who worked so hard to bring back our service

Vladlenin5000
August 1st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks indeed.

deadflowr
August 1st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yes, and providing the links to the Discourse and Reddit groups in the interim was a very good show. Nicely done, all.

Yep, if it wasn't for the threads on the forums in discourse, I wouldn't have had the knowledge of what the SSO login would be and like others would have creates a new user by accident.
Luckily, Coffeecat's post in the "Logging into the forums (http://ubuntu-discourse.org/t/logging-into-ubuntuforums/840/9)" thread there gave me ample time to adjust my own U1 account to work right.

Buntu Bunny
August 1st, 2013, 08:54 PM

Yes, that was wonderfully helpful. All of the things mentioned are why Ubuntu is a sterling OS and the Ubuntu support teams are priceless.

Linuxratty
August 2nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Yes, that was wonderfully helpful. All of the things mentioned are why Ubuntu is a sterling OS and the Ubuntu support teams are priceless.

They are indeed!

Thank you all. My rabbit thanks you too. :D
http://images.bunspace.com/static/bunpics/11931/212477_thumb.jpg

erind
August 2nd, 2013, 02:02 AM
A big Thank You to forums' moderators and admins from me as well, for their exceptional patience and good-will in helping so many people !!

HeroOfCanton
August 2nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Yes, thank you all very much for your hard work!

Dale61
August 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
To thank all the mods for their tireless work in restoring the forums, I'll chuck on a couple of shrimps on the barby, and fill the esky with a few cold ones. Now it is time to relax!

sakai
August 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Thank you indeed! :)

lilmagnus
August 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Yes. Thank you all indeed. :guitar:

Bucky Ball
August 2nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hey Dale61, my in-laws live in Clifton Springs! ;)

Thanks again to all the staff who volunteered their time to help get things up again.

zer010
August 3rd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Many thanks to all those who dedicated their time and effort into getting THE best and MOST friendly forum on the web up and running!

*Hugs and handshakes all around*

critin
August 3rd, 2013, 01:52 AM
Yeah, me too! I haven't seen such patience anywhere before, they're fantastic. It hurts me to read the posts where they're being BLAMED! "Turning the other cheek" is what we see going on here and it's beautiful.

Rasa1111
August 3rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
Heck yeah, Thanks everyone! (except the silly fools 'responsible' for what happened in the first place). lol
You know the dude who hacked it.. how he said.. "You dun goofed, it's as simple as that" ?
Whoever the ones who "goofed" are, is who I mean. lol :P
But everyone else responsible for getting things taken care of.. Thank you! :D
No issues getting back here for me, which pretty much rocks. :) Thumbs up doods. <3

germanix
August 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM
Thank you everyone. Sure appreciate it.

TiberiusT
August 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Yes...Indeed. I PM'ed Elfy who sorted me out in abt 1 hour - I was pondering how much sleep he's had in the last few days?

Cheers to Elfy and all others who have spent a lot of time and effort sorting this out.

T

ukripper
August 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Glad to be back!! Thank you

Hylas de Niall
August 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Yep. A big 'thankyou' from me too.

I left it a while before trying to re register, found out that i already had an existing blahblahblah with the chosen email addy, reset the password on U1 (which i don't actually use), and everything went just fine and dandy.

I was apprehensive about coming back after reading all the problems folk had trying to get back on here, but I had no problems at all :D

So thank you to all concerned!

Hy

d0006
August 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Ubuntu forums are not perfect but I am grateful they are running again.

Thank you to everyone who had to deal with restoring the forums.

Netstatus
August 9th, 2013, 01:10 AM
It took a while to get the forums back up but the updates regarding the process were nice.
I'm very thankful to those who helped getting the site back on its feet and I'm happy to be back with a fresh, new account.