PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a copy of my repository mirror of Feisty Fawn?

HalfNote5
July 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Okay, I realize most of you probably wandered into this particular post because you read the subject and thought "Wait.... what?"

Here's the deal. I used to run a lot of machines under Feisty, so I made a local copy of the entire repository, plus extras. Especially because it was getting old and stuff got harder to find.

The feisty machines are now gone - I just virtualized the last one today.

So to free up hard drive space, I'm probably going to delete the repository mirror. Not any time in the next ten minutes or anything, but if anyone wants a copy of it before I delete it, get in touch with me at [feisty_repository (put an at symbol here) duffyweber.com] or go to the website for that E-mail address, and send a text to the number in the upper-right corner, and if you send me a hard drive, and a SASE so I can send it BACK to you, I'll give you a copy.

It's going away in a week or two if I don't hear anything from anyone, so check the date of the post.

Cheers!

P.S. It's 111.5 GB, so a small hard drive or two VERY large flash drives will be needed. I realize nobody's probably going to take me up on this, but I just hate to delete something that might be useful to someone.

Cheesemill
July 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Alternatively you could just create your own copy using apt-mirror :)

HalfNote5
July 30th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Alternatively you could just create your own copy using apt-mirror :)

Heheheh, very true! But 115 GB takes a LOOOOONG time to download and babysit. Alternatively, so does waiting on snail-mail, but I thought I'd offer. :biggrin:

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
July 31st, 2013, 04:23 AM
Heheheh, very true! But 115 GB takes a LOOOOONG time to download and babysit. Alternatively, so does waiting on snail-mail, but I thought I'd offer. :biggrin:and a entires months worth of bandwidth is worth more than a few days in the mail
i have a 100gb /month limit
* i dont need a copy of Feisty's repos

Erik1984
July 31st, 2013, 10:09 AM
That's kind of you to ask before deleting!

However I don't think you need a local copy, old-releases repositories are still up: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOLUpgrades/