PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sidebar menu in folders keeps disappearing

Hasse
July 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hi!

The sidebar menu in my folders (see attached picture) keeps disappearing. If I press F9 two(!) times it comes back, but if I close the folder and open it again, it's gone.

Any smart people out there who knows what to to?

Thanks in advance!

SantaFe
July 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Not using Unity or Nautilus, but I think you click on the gear icon in the upper right corner & there should be a View option, where you can click on Show Sidebar.

Or you can follow the instructions Here (http://amahanty.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/enable-nautilus-toolbar-statusbar-and-sidebar-with-tree-view/)

rohdin.hansgmail.com
August 1st, 2013, 08:35 PM
The "Show Sidebar"-option is already checked. If I un-check it and check it again, the sidebar appears. But, when I close the folder and open it again, the sidebar is gone. This option is the same thing as pressing F9 i suppose. I can't follow the instructions in the link either because "nautilus" is not available in my "gconf-editor"-list..

What do you think?

koma77
September 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Hi!

The sidebar menu in my folders (see attached picture) keeps disappearing. If I press F9 two(!) times it comes back, but if I close the folder and open it again, it's gone.

Any smart people out there who knows what to to?

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever manage to solve it?

Or does anyone else know why I have to de-select and then re-select "Show sidebar" in order for it to show up?

mc4man
October 1st, 2013, 12:30 AM
In dconf-editor as in screen
or in terminal

gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.window-state start-with-sidebar true