PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things ?

ThePainter
March 23rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know when Open Office 2 is going to be released as a full version ?
I have tried to get the beta but cant find a deb version, the OOO sit links to debian that has no news on it, does anyone know how to get a working beta for debian ?

Also I prefer Warty to Hoary so Im sticking with it, I was just wondering if Warty will remain a workable OS and for how long.
Will the Repositries remain open or will they be closed at some point which will force me to upgrade to Hoary ?

Buffalo Soldier
March 23rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Also I prefer Warty to Hoary so Im sticking with it, I was just wondering if Warty will remain a workable OS and for how long. Will the Repositries remain open or will they be closed at some point which will force me to upgrade to Hoary ?Hope this will answer that question: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/releases/

orion_114
March 23rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
I found OO.org2 beta in synaptic try enabling universe and multiverse.

ThePainter
March 24th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Hi,
Thanks that great.
So in effect I could stay with warty indefinately if I wanted but its repositries would close in a years time.

TjaBBe
March 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Hi,
Thanks that great.
So in effect I could stay with warty indefinately if I wanted but its repositries would close in a years time.

I suppose it will be supported quite some time next to hoary... I on the other hand can't wait to switch to hoary. But I'm still pressing myself until hoary goes final :).

poofyhairguy
March 24th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know when Open Office 2 is going to be released as a full version ?
I have tried to get the beta but cant find a deb version, the OOO sit links to debian that has no news on it, does anyone know how to get a working beta for debian ?

Hoary has it in its Universe

Also I prefer Warty to Hoary so Im sticking with it, I was just wondering if Warty will remain a workable OS and for how long.
Will the Repositries remain open or will they be closed at some point which will force me to upgrade to Hoary ?

Each release is supported for 18 months. Warty won't go away...but you'll get jealous of all the features (and new programs) the new kid has. Jdong can't backport forever...

mark
March 25th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I think I read somewhere that OO.o 2.0 is scheduled for release sometime in April...