PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Pull down menu

jmdlcar
July 13th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if it been ask but is there away to set the desktop to have the old pull down menu and not the icons? Hope you all understand what I'm trying to say. Hope I don't have to go back to a old version. Please someone help me.

Thanks
Jack

jmdlcar
July 13th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Hi,

If it can't be fix I will go back to Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) as long as it works I don't need to up date it. It will be run off a USB thumb drive. But I would like to be more up to date. If I want icons like that I would put ubuntu on a cell phone but it is a computer. That why I will never upgrade my Windows to version 8 my computer is not a cell phone and that why Windows 8.1 will be out soon to try and fix it there problems.

Sorry about that I don't like the new look you got the best Linux out there why change it.

Jack

jmdlcar
July 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Hi,

There must be no way to fix it. So I just reinstall Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat).

Thanks
Jack

stinkeye
July 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
ClassicMenu Indicator (http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/classicmenu-indicator/)

Frogs Hair
July 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Xubuntu , Lubuntu or the Gnome Classic desktop are all traditional menu alternatives to Unity. There is no reason to run an unsupported version of Ubuntu to get a traditional menu .

jmdlcar
July 14th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Hi all,

Now this fix will work on USB cause I use Universal USB Installer to install then I select try and not the install. That how I use it and run it on any computer to show other and I get them use Ubuntu and tell it better then Windows and the best thing it's free.

I have a 32gb HP TouchPad I would love to put Ubuntu on but I can't.

Thanks
Jack

stinkeye
July 14th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Hi all,

Now this fix will work on USB cause I use Universal USB Installer to install then I select try and not the install. That how I use it and run it on any computer to show other and I get them use Ubuntu and tell it better then Windows and the best thing it's free.

I have a 32gb HP TouchPad I would love to put Ubuntu on but I can't.

Thanks
Jack
In the default install there is no way to show an old list menu.
In my opinion the dash search and launcher is much more efficient for new users anyway.
You may prefer the old list menu but then you probably know where everything is listed.

If you can only run from a usb look at making a persistent usb install
or seek help in installing to your PC....
OR
as Frogs Hair said look at one of the ubuntu variants to get a list menu.

jmdlcar
July 15th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to post it solved but I still can't believe their trying to make a computer look like a cell phone screen and fill like I don't have any control of my computer what are trying to hide from me or any one.

I'm going to install Xubuntu but been with Ubuntu for years which I told hundreds of people how good it is tell now.

Thanks
Jack

stinkeye
July 15th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to post it solved but I still can't believe their trying to make a computer look like a cell phone screen and fill like I don't have any control of my computer what are trying to hide from me or any one.

I'm going to install Xubuntu but been with Ubuntu for years which I told hundreds of people how good it is tell now.

Thanks
Jack

If you don't like the unity interface you can simply

sudo apt-get install gnome-panel
and choose a gnome-classic session at the login screen.
super+alt+Rclick on gnome-panel to customize.

Cheesemill
July 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Have you read the page on the Wiki?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PreciseGnomeClassicTweaks

jmdlcar
July 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to do "sudo apt-get install gnome-panel" but I can't find the terminal file to do it? I guest it need to be run in the terminal or dose it? Remember I using the Try off of a USB.

Thanks
Jack