PDA

View Full Version : Objects like icons and such are not loading correctly (Lubuntu LXDE)

Aizotech
July 12th, 2013, 01:16 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1528/i327.pngHi there!

Let's say I have a fair old computer of which i wanted to install linux on. I've recently upgraded the RAM on it to 2gb:s instead of 1. The processor is an Intel Inside Pentium 4 (2.8 ghz singe core). At first I tried Ubuntu (12.10) and it didn't float quite well so I tried Lubuntu instead and the worked well though I found LXDE a little boring. Then I went to Xubuntu instead because I read that it was good with a little bit older hardware. Xubuntu did float quite well but some objects like the icons on menus and such I assumed this had to do with Xubuntu so I decided that I could live with the LXDE enviroment and i installed Lubuntu 12.10 again but the problem eith the none loading objects remain though...

Could this be a hardware problem or is it just some bug?

I have used Linux somewhat from time and I would like to have one desktop with Linux running. If someone has a tip on what distro would float best on this hardware, please give it to me. I don't really care what distro iI'm running but i wan't the wireless settings to be easily configured (as in ubuntu) and i like the gnome-shell quite well... But I just don't wan't a load of preinstalled stuff. So if someone has a tip for the prefect distro for me, just hand it over!

If you think that i could fix this from within the Lubuntu distro than that would work quite well to;)

TY!