PDA

View Full Version : Found a pretty cool show on m Roku.

TNFrank
July 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I normally check for new channels on my Roku every week or two and tonight I found a cool tech show called ITPro.TV. They basically go through all the info you need to take the A+ Cert. Test and there's a ton of great info on just about anything and everything you'd want to know about computers. Anyway, I've added the channel to my others like C/Net, Revision3, TWiT, et al. Anyway, just wanted to share for anyone else who has a Roku and loves to watch tech shows.

boregard
July 10th, 2013, 01:13 PM
hello TNFrank, watched ITPro.TV. really good show.

best regards

TNFrank
July 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I thought so too. I took an A+ Cert class at the local Tech School back in 2001 but didn't have the money to take the test. Now, all these years later I'd like to get back into IT or Computer Security(PenTesting and the like) and think it's a pretty good refresher course to get me ready for school when I get ready to go back. Anyway, just thought a few folks around here would enjoy the channel and had to share.

TNFrank
July 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I did run into a problem of sorts today when I tried to view the Premium programming on ITPro. It ask me to go to "http://itprotv/roku" and enter a 4 digit code. Problem was that there was no such web page to be found. I think I needed an account to login so I could get to that page. Oh well, still have the Live stuff and the Free stuff to watch until I can figure this out.

boregard
July 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
are you able to watch podnutz? i have never got to watch it. it'll start to load and just stop. best regards

TNFrank
July 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
are you able to watch podnutz? i have never got to watch it. it'll start to load and just stop. best regards

I've not heard of it, is it on Roku? I have most of the Tech channels installed but only watch a couple shows on them. HAK5, Cat5, TechZilla and now ITPro are my favorites. TWiT seems to be ok too but they get into a lot of non-Linux/non-computer hardware stuff. Right now I just want shows that'll talk more about Linux and computer hardware, don't care the least little bit about Windows or OS X anymore.

boregard
July 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I've not heard of it, is it on Roku? I have most of the Tech channels installed but only watch a couple shows on them. HAK5, Cat5, TechZilla and now ITPro are my favorites. TWiT seems to be ok too but they get into a lot of non-Linux/non-computer hardware stuff. Right now I just want shows that'll talk more about Linux and computer hardware, don't care the least little bit about Windows or OS X anymore.

yeah its on my netflix, but i cant get it to play.

ana551
July 14th, 2013, 10:46 AM
nice show....good find TNFrank :cool: