PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eclipse and dpkg complain of missing packages

bjackfly
July 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hi I installed Eclipse on my ubuntu myself in order to get the latest version. It seems to be working okay, but when I go to install anything else dpkg seems to complain of missing eclipse items. Does someone know how I can fix this? I have eclipse installed in the /opt/eclipse directory.

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'eclipse-platform-data' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'eclipse-rcp' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'eclipse-platform' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'eclipse-jdt' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'eclipse-pde' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

claracc
July 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
What way have you installed eclipse?, from what web page?

The two packages: eclipse-jdt and eclipse-pde are required dependencies in order to install eclipse.

There are eclipse package in ubuntu repositories, you can install it through synaptic or software center. Firstly I think you have to uninstall the eclipse you have installed.

bjackfly
July 9th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I downloaded the package from the site, extracted it and copied it to the /opt folder. Is there something else I need to do to setup the package dependencies? I set it up similar to the following link.

*http://terminaltwister.com/installing-eclipse-juno-in-ubuntu-13-04/

bjackfly
July 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Also I should mention I removed any old version eclipse files before doing this as I had used the basic install sudo apt-get install eclipse originally but wanted the latest version so I deleted existing eclipse files found on the system and then followed the instructions to download and copy.

bjackfly
July 10th, 2013, 01:30 AM
deleted the packages using

*dpkg --list | grep "^ii" | grep eclipse
sudo dpkg --purge <package name>