PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Edit Unity Home Lens Search text.

BreezyBrooke
July 6th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Hi, I'm trying to mod my Unity dash to fit my needs. Currently I have all it's internet and scocial based features turned off due to the fact I'm not very scocial network saavy. Also the fact it makes my PC run 10 times faster is a plus, but I still love with Unity's design anyways. Problem is, even though ALL the internet settings and scocial settings/programs (Except the networking, so I can still get online and browse the web, DUH) are shut off, the search box still says 'Search your computer and online sources'. I want it to say 'Search your computer for Applications and Files'. How can I do that? I already scoured Unity's config files looking for the Home Lens searchbox string, but come up empty. In fact, I can't find any mention of the Home Lens in the File System, just the other lenses like files, apps, music, ect...

I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 64bit with the Unity Daily PPA enabled.

grahammechanical
July 7th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I wonder if this will help you. I have not looked into it myself. It might help you learn a bit about scopes and lens and in the process learn where that text is stored.

http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/cookbook/ui-components-and-shell-integration/

Regards.

BreezyBrooke
July 7th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Thanks, I'll look into this. :)