PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] GNOME 3 disable bottom mouse "removable devices" screen

RonanZer0
July 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM
I have GNOME 3 in Ubuntu 13.04 and it's working great.
Only problem is if I hold my mouse at bottom of the screen for a few seconds it comes up with a menu that shows usb sticks/sd cards and says "removable devices" this is really annoying.
How do I disable this? Couldn't find anything on it, thanks.

RonanZer0
July 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Bump...

markbl
July 7th, 2013, 06:08 AM
You are not clear what the problem is? Are you using GNOME 3.8? Holding your mouse near the bottom of the screen brings up the GNOME message tray. That holds icons for all "background" apps and also unread messages, including the "removable devices" message/icon when you have such a device inserted. Is it that you don't like the message tray at all, or you don't like the auto-popup, you don't like the specific removable devices message?

I suspect you don't like the way it pops up and that is an annoyance due to the fact that the GNOME 3.8 message tray is designed to use "pressure sensitivity" but that requires xorg 1.14 to work properly and Ubuntu 13.04 only has xorg 1.13. If that's the problem then install the "insensitive message tray" extension from http://extensions.gnome.org.

Deucalion29710
February 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I would like to bump this one also. I found an extension to make the message tray insensitive, however the removable devices icon is huge and can still be partially seen. This is an annoyance while viewing a full screen video or playing a game. Is there a way to completely disable the message tray or to simply edit the icons shown on the message tray?