PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Coming up with a domain name!

%hMa@?b<C
July 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I am trying to come up witha one word (preferable) .com domain for my new website, but everythign I am trying to get is taken! :( Could anyone help me come up with a clever domain name, I dont care if It's not a real word (ie xebra instead of zebra; too bad xebra is already taken) Thanks
=Jeff

Johnsie
July 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.rordo.com is available... doesn't sound too good though. Guess it's just a matter of palying around woith letters until you find something that sounds nice and is aeasy to spell.

Biltong (Dee)
July 14th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Keep it to the point. If you are creating a commercial website the URL is CRITICAL.
For example - take zebraafrica.com. They sell Zebra skins.
People Google under subject and location. "ZEBRA - AFRICA"
They are based in Africa.
Ergo, they are No 1.
Xebra is not a word that people would use much, but most sites selling Zebra products would have it in their meta-keywords anyway, thus ensuring that if someone did enter this as a search their website would be No1 anyway.
Because there are so many Zebra websites all taking advantage of misspelled words they would effectively push your website way back on Google, probably to page 5.
Choose wisely and carefully.

ahaslam
July 14th, 2006, 11:35 PM
What's your business/interests? - That may help us help you ;)

I'm into cars & would choose: www.turboz.com (turbos).

Tony.

hizaguchi
July 14th, 2006, 11:44 PM
If it isn't a commercial site, there are places you can register a subdomain for free. I've always said that if I were to host my own site it would be at www.themafia.info.

Otherwise though, I dunno. Get a book written in a foreign language and pick a word that looks cool. That's where I got my username, and I have never found a place where I couldn't use it because it was taken. :)