PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubufox Extension problem, Ubuntu 12.04

bayouoldguy
July 3rd, 2013, 02:04 AM
Just had a big problem while browsing the net. Lost all Firefox toolbars & could not get them back. After uninstalling, re-installing Firefox among other things, I uninstalled the
Ubufox extension ( xul-ext-ubufox 2.6-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 ), & rebooted; cleared up the lost toolbars, etc. by having a simple Firefox. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems ?. I
usually keep this Dell D620 up to date thru the Ubuntu updater, so maybe the last change or so blew something out !!!!!......G

bcschmerker
July 3rd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Ye're seeing correctly. Mozilla® made a ton of modifications to fix a dozen or so problems, and consequently Firefox® 22.0 broke a lot of Extensions, even more on LinUX than on Windows. For instance, on my Hot Rod gPC® (running Ubuntu® 12.04.2-LTS Precise Pangolin™), I lost Movable Firefox Button 1.4, Tab Utilities 1.6pre4, and Personal Menu 5.1.0; had to reinstall package firefox-globalmenu to control Firefox®. Have already decided to test Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.0 to see whether I can regain some status functions I last had with Tab Utilities.

bayouoldguy
July 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, bcschmerker. Lets hope the Mods will pick up on this & submit for fix !. I just uninstalled the Ubufox extension, & am getting control over Firefox, but it occupies some extra space I don't have much on a 14" laptop.

bayouoldguy
July 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Just saw bug report/& fix on my Ubuntu updater on the laptop, did not install the fix yet, kind of waiting for someone else to take the lead !!!...I wonder is this a fix or what else?......G:confused:

bayouoldguy
July 5th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Just ran the Ubuntu updater, it installed a bug fix.....so I reinstalled the Ubufox extension & rebooted. Looks like everything working ok....G