PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No desktop - no menus - nothing after upgrade from 12:10 to 13:04 - Help

sureshnair
June 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hi,
I upgraded my system from 12:10 to 13:04 yesterday and everything seemed to be going without a hitch. When the system rebooted, I entered my logon information and it went to the blue desktop screen with the Ubuntu logo and that is where it ends. I have nothing but a blank desktop. I can do a CTL+ALT+T and get into the terminal and have tried following several recommendations but nothing has helped. I even went to CCSM and tried to enable Unity Plugin, but every time I go back it's unchecked. I have a desktop with a nVidia driver i believe 304 was installed when I ran install nvidia-current.Typing modprobe nvidia_current gives me Fatal: Module nvidia_current not found.

I am out of ideas - please help - system down :(

Suresh

sureshnair
July 1st, 2013, 09:22 PM
ttt

Need some ideas on where to go next - I have continued to google for ideas - have tried to install the latest nvidia (304 continues to install) - again, hasn't helped get the system back online - i can access the terminal

Looking for any suggestions - regards

suresh

Frogs Hair
July 1st, 2013, 10:47 PM
Hello sureshnair

Describe what you have tried otherwise you may get a repeat of compiz and unity reset commands you have used already.