PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Package Manager: "Could not initialize the package information"

raochetan
June 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I am getting following error from package manager. This is observed since yesterday after I had updated packages on my system. Any known issue?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
Could not initialize the package information

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/fi.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise-updates_universe_i18n_Translation-en, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
How do I report such errors.

-Chetan

ajgreeny
June 28th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Try renaming the /var/lib/apt/lists folder with
sudo mv /var/lib/apt/lists /var/lib/apt/listsbackup then update your sources with
sudo apt-get update That should solve the problem, I think. If not come back again and we can look a bit further.