PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] problem with setting up xrdp on lubuntu 13.04

necktwi
June 28th, 2013, 06:25 AM
After fresh install of Lubuntu 13.04 i did

sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
sudo apt-get install xrdp

now when i login with remoted desktop clien from window or ubuntu, i get black and white mesh screen. i followed various help forums like http://sourceforge.net/p/xrdp/discussion/389417/thread/64949bc2#but nothing worked!

claracc
June 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Perhaps this link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/133343/how-do-i-set-up-xrdp-session-that-reuses-an-existing-session can help you

Toz
June 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM
There is no need to recompile xrdp.

To get it to work, simply install xrdp, it will bring in vnc4server (instead of tightvncserver), not sure if that is your problem. If you have a firewall running, make sure you allow port 3389 through. When connecting, make sure to choose the sesman-Xvnc option.

Note: there is a log file located at /var/log/xrdp-sesman.log that might be helpful.

necktwi
June 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Thank you @claracc! this working great! but nm-applet says network-manager not working. any solution for nm-applet to work properly?

Toz
June 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you! this working great! but nm-applet says network-manager not working. any solution for nm-applet to work properly?

You didn't specify whose nm-applet isn't working - the local or the remote computer. If the nm-applet isn't working on the remote computer but works if you log in locally to the remote computer, then it might be an issue with xrdp.

Otherwise, its probably best to create a new thread since the nm-applet problem isn't related to this one.

necktwi
July 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
There is no need to recompile xrdp.

To get it to work, simply install xrdp, it will bring in vnc4server (instead of tightvncserver), not sure if that is your problem. If you have a firewall running, make sure you allow port 3389 through. When connecting, make sure to choose the sesman-Xvnc option.

Note: there is a log file located at /var/log/xrdp-sesman.log that might be helpful.

that is exactly what i've done. It didn't work.

Toz
July 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
What does the log file say?

bflance
August 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM
i have managed to make xrdp work on my fleet of ubuntu 12.04 machines.. however what saddens me is that XRDP doesnt work at all on any redhat machine..