PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] flashplugin-installer Problems

Bobisha
June 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Hello. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and I am having a constant problem with the flashplugin installer. Upon startup I keep getting the following message:

Failure to download extra data files

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

flashplugin-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download again now. Running this command requires an active Internet connection.

I always click "Run This Action Now" but I always get this message when I restart my computer. I also occasionally get this message after my computer has been on for about an hour as well. I've installed hal and still have this problem. What is the best way to fix it?

grahammechanical
June 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Something needs confirmation that you accept the licencing terms. You need to tick a confirmation box. I get this when I install Ubuntu restricted extras. We need to accept Mircosofts license agreement to download and install Microsoft TrueType core fonts. Unfortunately the confirmation box is often hidden by the Software Centre page. Minimze the Window and you may find another dialog box underneath. Or look for a box to tick on the dialog thatb you are seeing. You may need to scroll down the page as if you are reading it.

Regards.