PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] broken packages being hold

rogerdv
June 25th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I have just installed 13.04 today, and proceeded to update apt cache. When finished, it displayed some error related to amd-sometring.gz and stated that some repo could not be updated. I considered this unimportant as I plan to use catalyst 13.6 beta, and continued to install the relevant stuff I require. When I tried to install mc, I got an error saying that mc requires, mc-data, which can not be installed, and also mentions perl. Same for smplayer, audacious, etc. Many packages report the same problem and says that Im holding broken packages. Installed synaptic and checked if I had broken packages, but it doens list any. Any idea about how to solve this?

gifford
June 25th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Try using synaptic to fix broken packages. It doesn't list them so under edit, click fix broken packages.

rogerdv
June 26th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Already did that, didnt worked. As I said, synaptic doesnt list any package as broken.

Frogs Hair
June 26th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Close all package management tools, run the following terminal command, and copy and paste the output in code tags using # symbol in the reply box tools. There is usually instructions for further commands in the output or information to indicate the cause of the problem.
sudo apt-get update