PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Latest update to 13.04 breaks KDE apps

zenkaon
June 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hello,

I've just updated ubuntu 13.04 to the latest software update and my KDE apps no longer open.
For example:

kdevelop
WARNING: deleting stale lockfile /home/john/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/sessions//{bb9db3c9-4f9e-4412-ad8f-c0dc5a590142}/lock
WARNING: deleting stale lockfile /home/john/.kdevduchain/{bb9db3c9-4f9e-4412-ad8f-c0dc5a590142}/0/lock
kdevelop(3388)/kdevplatform (language) KDevelop::ItemRepositoryRegistry::open: version-hint not found, seems to be an old version
kdevelop(3388)/kdevplatform (language) KDevelop::ItemRepositoryRegistry::open: "The data-repository at /home/john/.kdevduchain/{bb9db3c9-4f9e-4412-ad8f-c0dc5a590142}/0 has to be cleared."
void DBusMenuExporterPrivate::addAction(QAction*, int): Already tracking action "F&ull Screen Mode" under id 81
kdevelop(3388)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libkonsolepart.so"
qrc:/main.qml:23:1: QML QDeclarativeRectangle_QML_0: Binding loop detected for property "areaName"
static bool QDeclarativeMetaType::isModule(const QByteArray&, int, int) Qt 4.7 import detected; please note that Qt 4.7 is directly reusable as QtQuick 1.x with no code changes. Continuing, but startup time will be slower.
QDeclarativeComponent(0x2ef8ea0)
QDeclarativeComponent(0x2ef8ea0)
kdevelop(3388)/konsole Konsole::Session::run: Attempted to re-run an already running session.
The program 'kdevelop' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
(Details: serial 1496 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
kdevelop(3388)/konsole Konsole::SessionManager::~SessionManager: Konsole SessionManager destroyed with sessions still alive

or:

amarok
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
amarok(3505)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Media Sources dock/BrowserDock) Negative sizes (100,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (0,-1) are not possible
************************************************** ********************************************
** AMAROK WAS STARTED IN NORMAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE DEBUGGING INFORMATION, PLEASE USE: **
** amarok --debug **
************************************************** ********************************************
john@heplt025:~$ QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.127'
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Media Sources dock/BrowserDock) Negative sizes (100,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (0,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (66,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (66,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (110,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (110,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (206,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Playlist dock/Playlist::Dock) Negative sizes (206,-1) are not possible
QWidget::setMinimumSize: (Media Sources dock/BrowserDock) Negative sizes (146,-1) are not possible
The program 'amarok' received an X Window System error.
(Details: serial 2017 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I use KDevelop for work. This is quite serious for me, I'm back to using emacs

John

SeijiSensei
June 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Try adding the Kubuntu PPA (https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ppa) and see it that helps. I encountered some versioning conflicts after updating the other day which were resolved by adding the PPA. I had to run "sudo apt-get upgrade" a couple of times to get all the dependencies ironed out.

zenkaon
June 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I got the following updates when adding the kubuntu ppa:

amarok amarok-common amarok-doc amarok-utils libsoprano4 soprano-daemon

This has fixed amarok, but KDevelop is still broken.

To be honest I don't really care about amarok so much, KDevelop is very important to my workflow.

IOFeed
July 3rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
The same problem here...
Completely reinstalled kdevelop from source and no luck :\
Any ideas?

btw, found a thread in launchpad for this... https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdevelop/+bug/1178843?comments=all

Tazza101
July 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
I have the same problem but just with amarok, I don't have kdevelop installed, but I have a VERY LARGE and meticulously tagged amarok library, I've spent so many hours working on that...
Unfortunately adding the kde-backports repo didn't fix amarok for me! I still get

francesco@algernon53:~$ amarokQDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
amarok(9014)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
** AMAROK WAS STARTED IN NORMAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE DEBUGGING INFORMATION, PLEASE USE: **
** amarok --debug **
francesco@algernon53:~$ The program 'amarok' received an X Window System error.
(Details: serial 3099 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0)

I actually had this problem with an update from 'raring-proposed', but I reverted the updates and removed that repo, it wouldn't be nice to remove 'raring-updates' though!

D@NO
July 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'm affected too, but as a quick workaround I'm able to run kdevelop with KDE interface.

nilsolaris
July 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Is this bug ever going to get resolved ?

nike984
July 15th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I think this bug is similar to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kile/+bug/1195007

This has been fixed in ubuntu proposed repository

If you are currently using kubuntu ppa, ppa-purge it then the patch will work.

In my case, I had ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports and ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa,
so I did

sudo ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
sudo ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports

Now, the kde apps work flowlessly in my case.