PDA

View Full Version : HTML5 Themes

vdubus9902
June 24th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Hi, I see a lot of linux distros incorperating HTML5 to log in screens etc. I'm a linux newbe, but wouldn't it be possible to create entire OS environments using HTML5 same as web template themes. Linux needs an ARTATACK seriously,

Isamu715
June 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I see a lot of linux distros incorperating HTML5 to log in screens etc.
I only knew of Mint doing that, what other distros incorporate HTML5 login screens?

wouldn't it be possible to create entire OS environments using HTML5
It would be possible, take a look at Firefox OS - it's a Linux-based operating system with most of it (including the user interface) being done with web technologies like HTML5.

grahammechanical
June 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM
How will HTML5 make the look of a user interface any more arty than it already is? It all comes down to design and a person's conception of what is good design. And everybody has an opinion.

vdubus9902
June 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM
How will HTML5 make the look of a user interface any more arty than it already is? It all comes down to design and a person's conception of what is good design. And everybody has an opinion.

Ok being a linux newbe, all distro's come across as being very windows 95. How ever it isn't until you dedicate yourself into learning 'Linux' that you become to respect the freedom and power of the system. Ubuntu however out of all the distro's as well as OpenSuse are drifting away from that by use of gnome etc. If 'linux's goal is to be No.1 then everything has to have a softer more colourful easier to use edge to it. I've had a dig into some of the program files looking at buttons etc but i can't see why all packages have a bare bone look to them, when they done need to be ? The only package i've come across with anything close to Beauty is Clementine. I've played around with HTML (web design) and it is a relatively easy language to learn/ edit or modify. if you could ad css to it, flash or java scripts then the wow factor could be endless, and prob easier to work with, let alone the amount of support there would be from 'web based' designers. Ignorance is bliss hence people use windows ? saying that win8 is a whole other story lol and there tile/ app set up will fail as a desktop OS anyway, To much control. I've seen a Ubuntu vid using the there mobile Os on a desktop pc, now thats class, even Ubuntu 13.10 dash looking good, I think it just needs work on the themes, not just Ubuntu, but all linux os. eg customizable headers etc like firefox, & chrome. Ubuntu need a huge marketing campaign, nobody (joe blogs average ) has never heard of linux let alone Ubuntu.

my idea of how a future OS will be, this one using flash (http://www.dynamicfactory.com/myflashxml/dynamic_photo_gallery/paper3D/index.html)