PDA

View Full Version : A big thankyou.....

Moodel
July 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
........ to all the contributors on this forum and all the devs who have put allot of hard work into making this OS as popular as it is.

I can now work from home vpn'd into IBM's virtual innovation centre using the Cisco VPN utility.

I had no trouble getting my ATI 9800XT running in OpenGL (thanks to everyone whos has had issues with ATI cards).

I now also have VMWare server running beautifully smooth with a variety of OS's (except AIX but that will never be :) )

...........now for the games as its the only thing stopping me from removing Windows installtion.

Paerez
July 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I second that motion. But for games, Cedega does a pretty good job, and the new wine version is supposed to have a bunch of Direct3D stuff in it.

BuffaloX
July 14th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I never got my ATI 9800Pro to work, but I think I had an issue with my SIS mobo.

Otherwise I totally second that motion.

sagarhshah
July 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM
before ubuntu I had never been to a linux forum where everyone has been very helpful. This forum i would recomend to everyone from the newbie to the expert.

a big thankyou to everyone here at ubuntuforums for all the help you have given me when I have run into problems.