PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to create website shorcut on desktop in 12.04

vimalrajpara
June 22nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
How to create a website link's shortcut on desktop, so by opening it shortcut i can directly open my desire website.

Suppose i want to open Facebook website then in window i just create shortcut and provide www.facebook.com and it create website shortcut but how to do this in Ubuntu 12.04.

I am new to use Ubuntu.

howefield
June 22nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
There is probably a better way than this, but you could open your browser and go to the desired website, bookmark it and place it on the bookmarks bar and then drag the bookmark to the desktop.

Right click on the new desktop shortcut icon, then click on the shortcut icon and navigate to usr/share/app-install/icons and select the firefox icon. You can also rename the shortcut to suit (or leave as is). You don't have to do this step, just makes it look better.,

vimalrajpara
June 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
There is probably a better way than this, but you could open your browser and go to the desired website, bookmark it and place it on the bookmarks bar and then drag the bookmark to the desktop.

Right click on the new desktop shortcut icon, then click on the shortcut icon and navigate to usr/share/app-install/icons and select the firefox icon. You can also rename the shortcut to suit (or leave as is). You don't have to do this step, just makes it look better.,

Thank you, i want exactly the same. My need get fulfilled. I just don't get "Shortcut Icon" option on right click of shortcut file but its not needed.

howefield
June 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Glad you got what you needed.

What I mean by clicking on the shortcut icon is shown in the attached image, I have highlighted the shortcut icon with the colour red so you can see where to click.