PDA

View Full Version : Amarok 1.4 on 12.04 64bit

lsutiger
June 17th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I just installed 12.04.2 and am installing my favorite apps. One app that I use frequently that I truly like is Amarok 1.4. I had it installed on my 10.04 32bit install. I can only find one link for the install for 64bit Ubuntu 12.04. There are plenty for a 32bit OS. Does anyone have experience with the 32 bit version on 64bit OS?
Has any used the method bleow in the link? I ask because it downloads a lot of packges and I am just trying to be safe.
Here's the link (http://skerit.com/en/computer/amarok-1-4-installeren-op-ubuntu-12-04-64bit-precise-pangolin/)

Thanks in advance.

Frogs Hair
June 17th, 2013, 01:06 AM
If you are dead set on version 1.4 I think you have one of few tutorials . I can only write that I tried 32/64 application one time and the were a ton of extra libraries needed for installation and the app didn't work. Others may have had better experiences.

cincinnatus13
June 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I believe 1.4 is the last version before they got crazy with it right?

Before you go trying to find individual PPAs for getting the right libs and everything, I'd recommend trying clementine ( sudo apt-get install clementine ). I use it and like it and supposedly it is based off of what Amarok was before they changed it drastically.

lsutiger
July 8th, 2013, 05:03 AM

Before you go trying to find individual PPAs for getting the right libs and everything, I'd recommend trying clementine ( sudo apt-get install clementine ). I use it and like it and supposedly it is based off of what Amarok was before they changed it drastically.

Thanks for the reply. The first package in the list was a 404, so I d/l clementime. Does it support iPod?

lsutiger
July 11th, 2013, 02:32 AM

Thanx! Looks and feels like the old Amarok package! I owe you one! :D

PS - How do I mark as SOLVED?