PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] burn Ubuntu to disk after downloading.

arranskye
June 15th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hi, I have downloaded ubuntu 13.04 32bit . i downloaded it using puppy 5.28 on my old Dell machine. The d/l appears ok in the chromium browser. I tried to save it to downloads on the puppy system, and then move to media to burn to disk., but the d/l will only save as an HTML file.??

Is this correct. How do I move the file to a DVD apt to burn it please.

is this usual because it may be because puppy ran out of space one minute before the d/l finished. In which case it would not have been finalised and this may have caused the HTML problems. I may have to d/l again.

Puppy was installed on a 50GB partition so I did not expect it to have space issues. Puppy is the only OS on this machine and I do not have videos music or photos stored on the hdd, just a few documents. So must have got the installation wrong.

Thanks

ahallubuntu
June 15th, 2013, 08:33 PM
~

ajgreeny
June 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Puppy runs in ram if you were running it as a live CD or USB, so if you tried to save the .iso file to puppy's home folder you may well have run out of space, as it will depend on the amount of ram you have and the size of any swap, though I can't remember how swap is dealt with in puppy. Try downloading again but this time save the .iso file to a hard drive or large enough USB drive and you should be good to go.