PDA

View Full Version : aysiu

NonaWeisbaum
July 14th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Why does your kitty only have one eye?!

I've been reading the forums thinking about giving Ubuntu a try and so far this is the only question I have.

taurus
July 14th, 2006, 04:07 AM

Probably lost the other eye in a bar fight!!! :twisted:

RavenOfOdin
July 14th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Its a stylized kitty. It doesn't need both eyes.

RAV TUX
July 14th, 2006, 04:19 AM
The one eye you see is actually the kitty's third eye, the other two are closed.

slimdog360
July 14th, 2006, 04:32 AM
The one eye you see is actually the kitty's third eye, the other two are closed.

and an oogabooga to you too

Jucato
July 14th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Wow! Never had the guts to actually ask that same question about the cat...

Never got around to asking aysiu how his name is pronounced. Is it aysiu like some chinese name, or as ay-si-u (I see you)? :D

woedend
July 14th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Never got around to asking aysiu how his name is pronounced. Is it aysiu like some chinese name, or as ay-si-u (I see you)? :D

no silly, its a sneeze! hehe the first time I tried to read it it came out sounding like atchoo, but i'm bad at that. I have been wondering this same question honestly...lets hear it aysiu.

NonaWeisbaum
July 14th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I thought it was I see you as well.

kassetra
July 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Poor aysiu! I love the cat that your wife drew! Looks very similar to one I have. :KS

And all these pesky forum people being so curious! ;) See what happens when you work so much! I've been telling all staff to take a break, and now I'm telling you too. :KS

richbarna
July 14th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Take a look at psychocats.net, it's A.Y Siu, initials and surname.

vayu
July 14th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Poor aysiu! I love the cat that your wife drew! Looks very similar to one I have. :KS

And all these pesky forum people being so curious! ;) See what happens when you work so much! I've been telling all staff to take a break, and now I'm telling you too. :KS

We should all be so poor! Anyone demonstrating the amount of evenness, openness, clarity and dedication that aysiu does is bound to stir up curiosity.

aysiu
July 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM
It's really the way my wife chose to create the avatar. She just chose to emphasize one closed eye. The other closed eye just... got de-emphasized to the point of being invisible, I guess.

I can assure you the real, live cat has two functioning eyes.

T700
July 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM

I've been reading the forums thinking about giving Ubuntu a try and so far this is the only question I have.

Because that's the way the dev's decided to make it in keeping with the Spirit of Ubuntu. If you don't like it, use another distro! It is a well know fact that Fedora's goat has two eyes. (I am just teasing you, of course.)

Paul

ericesque
July 14th, 2006, 04:23 PM
That was great, T700 :) For a split second I was like WTC? Then I just laughed.

Biltong (Dee)
July 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM

You too?

We have GOT to stop cloning these cats - someone might notice :-)