PDA

View Full Version : How Many Windows People do you knopw like this?

mfarquhar
July 14th, 2006, 01:36 AM
i just though this was funny
he makes fun of linux users then has to reboot his windows machine again. that's classic:mrgreen:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8720/linuxshminux0bu.jpg

oh...it's from Penny Arcade if you didn't know

croak77
July 14th, 2006, 02:25 AM
I know zero people like that.

PS. Penny Arcade is not funny.

lapsey
July 14th, 2006, 02:50 AM
i heard that microsoft windows isn't a very good operating system can anyone confirm this

aysiu
July 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
i heard that microsoft windows isn't a very good operating system can anyone confirm this
In my experience, Windows XP works just fine.

Were you talking about Windows ME, by chance?

briancurtin

Brunellus

I think penny arcade is hilarious.

briancurtin
July 14th, 2006, 02:54 AM

are you being serious?

malcolmb
July 14th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Penny Arcade is VERY funny. I'm not a cult fan or anything, but you gotta recognize hilarty where ever you find it.

But I dont know people like that. Everybody I know nowadays clearly know that Macs and Linux exist and what they're like. So whenever they run into a windows problem, its pure WINDOWS BASHING or bashing on the people who make them work and do assignments on windows.

lapsey
July 14th, 2006, 03:07 AM
are you being serious?

heh, no.

i quite like penny arcade since they learned to tell a geek joke well

PatrickMay16
July 14th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Back when I used Windows 2000 as my main system I usually had uptimes of a least 1 month.

Polygon
July 14th, 2006, 06:33 AM
i restart to save power, and also if i dont restart right before i play a certain game, i get really low frames per second. i dont know if its windows or the games fault, but it sure is annoying.

but after several reformats, im very careful on what i install so i dont get too many bsods and other errors, malware, spyware, and viruses, but yeah its really easy to get them. all you have to do is surf the internet with internet explorer =/

mech7
July 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM
XP sp2 is rock solid.. even more stable then my ubuntu install which tends to freeze or crash quite allot.

Brunellus
July 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM
XP sp2 is rock solid.. even more stable then my ubuntu install which tends to freeze or crash quite allot.
perhaps a problem with your display driver?

mech7
July 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM
perhaps a problem with your display driver?

Yes could be I installed flgrx..

billT
July 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
The stableness of an OS is directly related to how knowledgable a user is. So, oddly enough, the people who are most likely able to have a very stable Windows installation are the same people who are going to be interested in trying out linux and OSX. I can count on one hand the number of XP crashes I've had since it was released, and most of those were due to bad device drivers. On the other hand, my parents have constant problems with their machines - mostly due to the adware and other crap that clogs up their computer.