PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wallpaper is gone after a Reboot

LSHINE
June 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
After I apply a custom wallpaper, everything seems to be fine. Its being shown in the desktop background images list, and even after a Reboot, sometimes(!) it is being shown in the list, but I cant see no wallpaper. After the Reboot that is. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ajgreeny
June 10th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Where is the image that you're trying to use?

LSHINE
June 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Its on another partition. Xubuntu is on C (same as Win7), and the wallpaper files are on D.

ajgreeny
June 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM
So this is a wubi install, and the image is on a windows partition, even though it's a different one to your windows OS where ubuntu is sitting. That I think is the problem as that partition, D in your way of describing, is not mounted at boot time so the image is not immediately available.

I regret I know so little about wubi that I can not tell you how to mount your windows partitions in a wubi installation, at boot time. I will leave that to others who know that system to tell you how it can be done, or you can do your own search using the link here for Wubi-megathread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198).

LSHINE
June 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks. I'll try to find that out. I'll try to do something with partition manager. By the way, do you know of any other problems like that, using linux installed on Wubi?

ajgreeny
June 11th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Sorry, not really. I do not even have windows so am very out of date with anything MS.

Wubi, however, was never meant as a means of running a dual boot for permanent use, just as a better way to figure out if ubuntu would run on your hardware, so if you can do so, I recommend you try a proper partitioned install.