PDA

View Full Version : Mame (arcade game emulator) with Cave SH3 driver?

Stonecold1995
June 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I recently downloaded Mame, the arcade game emulator. The Linux version (and I think some of the Windows versions) lack a specific driver though (Cave SH3 in the file cavesh3.c), required to play certain games made by Cave. I found a Windows version that works in Wine that has the Cave SH3 but I want to be able to play natively under Linux. The mame in the apt-get repository does not have the driver and I think it has to be compiled with the driver suppot (hence cavesh3.c) rather than being used with a plugin.

How do I get the Linux version to work with the driver?

Stonecold1995
June 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I tried to compile it myself with "apt-get source mame". I put the driver, cavesh3.c, in the drivers folder with all the others, then ran "apt-get source --compile mame" to compile it. Everything went fine, and all the drivers compiled, until near the end:

Compiling src/lib/formats/p6001_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/pasti_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/pc_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/pmd_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/primoptp.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/rk_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/smx_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/sorc_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/sord_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/st_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/svi_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/svi_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/td0_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/thom_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/thom_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/ti99_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/trd_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/trs_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/trs_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/tzx_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/uef_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/vg5k_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/vt_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/vt_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/vtech1_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/wavfile.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/x07_cas.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/x1_tap.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/z80ne_dsk.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/zx81_p.c...
Compiling src/lib/formats/hxcmfm_dsk.c...
Archiving obj/sdl64/libformats.a...
Linking mame...
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_scalable_lock_alloc(): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_init'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_scalable_lock_alloc(): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_settype'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_lock_alloc: error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_init'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_lock_alloc: error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_settype'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_lock_try: error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutex_trylock'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_event_alloc(int, int): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_mutexattr_init'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_thread_create(void* (*)(void*), void*): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_create'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_thread_cpu_affinity(_osd_thread*, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_setaffinity_np'
obj/sdl64/libocore.a(sdlsync_tc.o):sdlsync_tc.c:function osd_thread_wait_free(_osd_thread*): error: undefined reference to 'pthread_join'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mame] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /tmp/mame/mame-0.146'
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

What am I doing wrong?

lisati
June 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Thread moved to Emulators.

Stonecold1995
July 5th, 2013, 04:05 AM
bump

gliszt-style
September 16th, 2013, 04:39 AM
So, I found this http://www.vivanno.com/developpeur/php/web/2013/01/add-cave-sh3-driver-to-mame0148/
And so then I utilized the mame-0.148 source found here http://sdlmame.wallyweek.org/download/ to compile.
You can download it here -removed-

EDIT

Found a lot more of resources and compiled them with the latest Mame 150
Includes: NeoGeo OC, NeoGeo Unlicensed, Cave SH3, HighScore, DirectInput, NoNag and NoBuffer.
All diff used can be found here: http://www.systempixel.fr/extra/

DD http://goo.gl/4mQ8V7