PDA

View Full Version : indicator-weather

kgarbutt
June 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and as many of you know, the indicator-weather package hasn't been working in a while. To get it working in 12.04 LTS, please do the following:

Download this python wrapper: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/i386/python-pywapi/0.3.2-1

then from the terminal, sudo dpkg -i python-pywapi_0.3.2-1_all.deb

and finally from the terminal, sudo apt-get install indicator-weather

Then it will work.

I stumbled across it trying to get mine to work. I got lucky. I thank the developers for such a great program & updated wrapper.

Enjoy,
Ken

Iowan
June 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Thought I was still out of luck - crashed again.
Removed/re-installed - crashed again.
Replaced Yahoo with Weather.com - working.

MANY thanks!!!

kgarbutt
June 8th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hey Iowan, I guess I got lucky. I didn't have any of your troubles, and I am using Yahoo as the Weather Data Source. Thanks, Ken

Iowan
June 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hmmm... maybe I'll try Yahoo later.
(but I kinda hate to mess with it - since it's finally working)

Well, finally got brave enough to try Yahoo!. It works, but Weather.com and Yahoo display different temperatures (only one degree apart).

A man with a watch always knows what time it is - a man with two NEVER does.

kgarbutt
June 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I want to add something new to this thread. I noticed in Ubuntu-Tweak that under apps it lists a ppa for indicator-weather. I didn't know that indicator-weather even had a ppa. In any case, if you are having trouble with indicator-weather's installation, then install the python-wrapper from the first post, and then install the ppa through Ubuntu-Tweak & all should work. I had to do this to my work computer. I didn't have this problem on my home laptop - both running 12.04.

Yes, I know - interesting!!

Good luck everyone.
Ken

Iowan
June 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Lost it after update - I'll try again.