PDA

View Full Version : Installation stalls

javierdl
June 6th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I made a CD with the ISO file, then booted from it. So far so good. Then no matter how I attempt to install it, it just seem to stall. I can see that little circular animated cursor asking me to wait, but I must have waited at least 15mins on it.
I tried the first "Install" button when the CD loaded, along with the Updates checked, and without on the 2nd attempt. Then I rebooted and attempted a 3rd time from the "Install" button on the left panel from the LiveCD while running the demo.

My specs may not be amazing but shouldn't be too bad either:
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core 2.2 Ghz, 4Gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, High speed internet connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

JDL

Cvxcvgg
June 7th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Well, I know that the installation can take a very long time, but where exactly does it stall out? That could help determine the issue a little better.

javierdl
June 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Right when clicking "Install". Right then the cursor becomes that little round animated thingy as in waiting mode, and it goes and goes...

Cvxcvgg
June 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I'll look around and see what I can find, since I've never seen that happen.

javierdl
June 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks a bunch in advance Cvxcvgg :)

Bashing-om
June 7th, 2013, 10:39 PM
javierdl;
Can you boot the install cd (ubuntu requires DVD) into the "try ubuntu" mode, and all the applications function ?
If so then try this in the actual install process:
Boot the installDVD, soon as the bios screen clears, depress the shift key -> language screen -> escape key to accept the default ->;
options screen; f6 key for preset boot paremeters, suggest try "nomodeset" first - space to accept - and return to continue the install process.
In a difficult install I suggest NOT to install updates or to install the 3rd party software (tick marks)...once installed these matters can be dealt with.

The preset boot parameters in some combination will resolve about 85% of difficult installs. Once installed we can assist to make any needed parameters permanent.

just try'n to help

javierdl
June 8th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks a lot for your valuable advise Bashing-om.
I'll give it a try asap.

JDL