PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Attempted install of 13.04 on 12,2 iMac hangs/freezes when in "Try" mode. Stuck

srhadden
June 6th, 2013, 03:32 AM
I have an iMac 27" Mid 2011 (12,2) model with ATI graphics.

I boot off the CD. The instructions I have read for the imac tell me to goto the Try before Install option, then run gparted.

Well, I can bearly get that far because the system hangs and freezes after the desktop comes up.

Anyone know what to do? I was trying the 64-bit versions, but I am downloading the 32-bit version now to try that.

srhadden
June 6th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I have an iMac 27" Mid 2011 (12,2) model with ATI graphics.

I boot off the CD. The instructions I have read for the imac tell me to goto the Try before Install option, then run gparted.

Well, I can bearly get that far because the system hangs and freezes after the desktop comes up.

Anyone know what to do? I was trying the 64-bit versions, but I am downloading the 32-bit version now to try that.

Just wanted to comment that I didn't have an issue with the hardward or software. I am using a gamer mouse on my imac (wired) and the mouse works for the first few clicks and then it stops working properly, so I had this illusion that things were hanging and not moving.

Works fine, I was able to install Ubuntu 13.04 on my 12,2 imac. Now I'm exploring another install option, VirtualBox, it might be a simpler solution.

Thanks for reading