PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] broken now? i thought vista would be first.

vistajustcrashedagain
June 5th, 2013, 10:24 PM
yes, after yet another update it made Ubuntu 12.04 obsolete. yes i said it, obsolete. every single time i boot from Ubuntu i get a lot of errors and a console interface that wont go away. does anyone know how to fix it?:(:confused:

VMC
June 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM
A little more info would be helpful. What errors? Are they logged. What kind of console interface. Is it a dialog that pops up?
I'm unsure what you mean by obsolete.

vadimkolchev
June 5th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Ubuntu 12.04 is not obsolete and will not be until 2017. Something wrong happened to your installation. Could you please provide more details about what happens. Please paste
dmesg output here and provide other information - did it work for you earlier? After what it had stopped loading X for you?

vistajustcrashedagain
June 5th, 2013, 11:13 PM
first, vadimkolchev (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1658396), i installed it before and worked for me. and i was not happy at the moment so i used wrong grammar. so sorry for the misunderstanding. also i had more problems before.

vadimkolchev
June 5th, 2013, 11:20 PM
There's no problem, friend, but to be able to help you we have to get a little more info about what's happening to your ubuntu installation. Please, tell us more.

ajgreeny
June 5th, 2013, 11:28 PM
What hardware do you have?
Have you just carried out some updates and had a new kernel installed?
Do you boot to a scrambled GUI or simply to a command line?

Much more information is needed from you or we are all just shooting in the dark, having absolutely no idea what you've done, nor what exactly your problem is.

pakopako
June 6th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Is this from an upgrade within 12.04, or an upgrade to 12.04?

vadimkolchev
June 6th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Acording to his first post it was within.