PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Looking for remote cross platform webex replacement

MakOwner
June 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a replacement for webex that works through a webbrowser without loading up a heavy proprietary client.
It has to work between linux and the various flavors of windows and macos.

I just started looking and was hoping somone had an easy solution they could reccomend.

Lars Noodén
June 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Describe what you need it to do. Are you looking for voice conferencing? Then a number of SIP clients would work, starting with Jitsi.

sanderj
June 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I'm looking for a replacement for webex that works through a webbrowser without loading up a heavy proprietary client.
It has to work between linux and the various flavors of windows and macos.

I just started looking and was hoping somone had an easy solution they could reccomend.

Google Hangout

MakOwner
June 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Primarily just GUI desktop screens.
One person shares out the desktop so that one or more other persons can all view the activity on that desktop.
Right now, just view-only would be OK if client and server both work from Linux, windows and mac desktops.
I have phone conference lines for voice/audio.

Been annoyed for quite some time with Webex - it no longer seems to work from the browser only and requires plugins that quite frankly just no longer work properly.
Just spent two hours on line with webex support trying to get webex working on a Windodws 7 virtual machine - With two identical vms, running webex worked in one and would not in another..
Eventaully webex support told me that they don't support webex at all in virtual hosts.

silverwhite069
November 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
You may try using Gomeetnow web conferencing service, WebEx replacement. It works on MAC, Windows and Linux Computers.