PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Live Usb how to make

ecoooouybe
June 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
How I can make a live usb with Ubuntu? I have downloading Ubuntu desktop 13.04 x64 with i132, and I have windows 8 pro

slickymaster
June 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hi, ecoooouybe, welcome to the forums.

Here's how to create a bootable USB stick on Windows (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows) and how to create a bootable USB stick on Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu).

ecoooouybe
June 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Yes, I did it. Now, how I can selected windows files from Ubuntu usb live?

slickymaster
June 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
You probably should be able to see your hard drive in Nautilus. If so, click it and it should mount. Then check your left top where it says ´devices´ for your device and you can browse your files and copy/delete/move them.

If by any chances you're not able to do that, another option is to mount the partition where windows is. Run this on a terminal window:
sudo fdisk -l
The output should be something like

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 2048 206847 102400 8 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda2 206848 209717247 104755200 8 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
To locate which partition has your files, perform the following command:
sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdaX /~/choose-a-folder-name-you-wantwhere X is the number of the partition you want to mount, like /dev/sda1 or /dev/sda2. It should mount the disk with full access, so you can copy and paste files to those folders.
Remember, it will mount your windows 7 partition to a folder, so be carefull not to delete anything important.

ecoooouybe
June 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM
'sudo' is not reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme exécutable ou on fichiers de commandes

slickymaster
June 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
'sudo' is not reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme exécutable ou on fichiers de commandes

sudois a Unix/Linux command. It looks like you are running this in Windows.

ecoooouybe
June 8th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I digit 'fdisk -l' and 'fdisk' is not identify as command

slickymaster
June 8th, 2013, 12:04 AM
The thing is, where are you running the command?

You have to run it in your Ubuntu partition and it seems you're doing it in your windows partition.