PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Detecting Hardware

Jordie88
June 4th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Hi! My name is Jordan and I recently downloaded the ISO of Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.

I have to be honest, I don't remember Ubuntu ever being this difficult to install. I burned the ISO to a CD-ROM in Windows 8 and installed the OS to my Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 (64 BIT) without issues. However a few days after the install, I would attempt to login and find that my onboard keyboard and touch pad refused to work.

I decided to troubleshoot and re-install the system again, as it had just been installed, and now I can not re-install as when I do it hangs on "Detecting Hardware." I've since taken a lot of suggestions on this and other forums such as changing settings in my PCs BIO to adding noacpi and other boot options.

I know a little bit about bash commands, but I'm not that savvy to fix this problem without some help. I'd like to install it as I'm a business user and if I like the way Ubuntu works well I was going to instruct our IT Department to transistion all of our PCs in my organizaiton to Ubuntu. I'm a ltitle skeptical now.

I have formatted all of the OS on this system as I'm looking for it to be a Ubuntu ONLY labtop.