PDA

View Full Version : What ultrabook to get?

tahdas
June 2nd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Instead of buying a cheaper laptop like I had planned, I decided to save up and buy a nice nice Ultrabook thatcan do it all.

What would be a good Ultrabook to buy for use with Ubuntu Ones that I've looked and liked are: the xps 13 dev., the xps 14, the za reason Ultrabook, and the xps 18 tablet.

Im thinking I'm going to be spending up to around $1600 and want to get my money's worth. I liked the xps 13 developers, but I don't like that it doesn't have an sd card and it has a windows logo on it.
I'm not sure that the xps 14 would be a good buy because it kinda of made for windows 8 to work with there draing apps.
i don't know about zareason, are the good?

And I'm not sure if I should get the xps 18, because I already have an iPad. But I do like tablet and th xps 18 looks like a really good one.

So what would be a computer for me? I want it to have at least i5 intel core 3Gen, 4gb ram,and it has to weigh less than 4 or five pounds, three would be ideal.

Thanks,
Tahdas

Paqman
June 2nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
it doesn't have an sd card

If you're only using it occasionally you could just use a USB SD card adapter maybe?

mips
June 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Instead of buying a cheaper laptop like I had planned, I decided to save up and buy a nice nice Ultrabook thatcan do it all.

Maybe you should ask this question more closer to the time you are ready to purchase as new laptops could be released. If you still wanna game look for one with a dedicated nvidia gpu.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2040380/meet-the-new-razer-blade-a-gaming-ultrabook-thats-thinner-than-a-macbook-air.html
http://www.ultrabookreview.com/2071-best-gaming-ultrabooks/

EgoGratis
June 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
You could wait a bit longer and see if any Intel Haswell based ultrabook will emerge that satisfies your needs. That would give you hardware suitable for next few years...

And Intel based hardware has good Linux support.

cprofitt
June 3rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
the Lenovo X1 Carbon works well with Ubuntu.