PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with 13.04, Thunderbird and Firefox.

dlw
June 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Having problems with Thunderbird and Firefox in 13.04.
How do I downgrade to 12.10?

Frogs Hair
June 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Downgrades are not possible , but if you can describe the problem there may be a solution other than re-installing 12.10.

dlw
June 1st, 2013, 11:31 PM
Downgrades are not possible , but if you can describe the problem there may be a solution other than re-installing 12.10.

Thank you for replying.

Thunderbird and Firefox are the versions that came with 13.04.

Thunderbird:
When clicking on a link in an email such as one from you to go to the forum, Thunderbird hangs. This applies to any link. The only way out is to go into 'System Monitor' and kill Thunderbird. I've deleted and reinstalled it via Synaptic three times.

Firefox:
Takes 2+ minutes to open. Seems to work ok for a while then slows down dramactically. Takes 20 seconds are more to go from one page to another. The only add on is Addblock plus. Deleted and reinstalled via Synaptic three times also.

deadflowr
June 1st, 2013, 11:39 PM
From what I know, thunderbird and Firefox are now both rolling, meaning the versions in ubuntu 12.04 through 13.04 are the same after updates.

Frogs Hair
June 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
If the problem is profile related no amount of re-installing Tbird of Firefox will help without removing the old profile folders in home hidden folders. The post above is correct as it relates to the Tbird or Firefox versions. Tbird and Firefox automatically update via the software updater, in the past the user was stuck with what ever version came when Ubuntu was installed.