PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB SIS Drivers not working or drivers not correct?

need4lightspeed
June 1st, 2013, 01:05 AM
HI. I have been searching for two days about this. Time to ask here. I have a SiS 671/966 board Intel ..works well enough with my setup but AUDIO is not there nor USB 2.0..it say one usb connection is 2.0 but three are 1.1??? Weird i think..nothing I can do if its true but my phone won't connect to my PC and i want to figure out why.

like i said i searched all over and nothing describes how to fix the drivers or even configure them.(idk?)

My board is the asus P5SD2 VM...not quite friendly with Ubuntu but if I get audio and USB I will be content. SiS boards are tricky with 12.10...if you know anything of USB or Audio setup for these please reply. I had tried two or three different approaches and now pulse-audio is gone and no way to test output..I tried re-installing pa but didn't work...should I use a simpler audio setup? I can def rre install pulse again if u think i should. I will keep looking for answers. My audigy 2 card is either messed up or the drivers are not right as well(it was all staticky but then pulse audio was removed for a different setup now nothing.. I installed the card I found in the closet so, it might be bad...might be good) SiS onboard audio is both HD and analog optional but HD is turned off. It won't do anything but the Audigy 2 card had some output with lots of static.

My summary is vague I agree but ask me for more details if u want to help.

Do u have any term cmds for me to try?

need4lightspeed
June 13th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Still can't access cell phone via usb and launcher , desktop, home, or computer...locations. any one know what to do????

need4lightspeed
June 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM
UPDATE: THURS 13th - I have some USB devices hooked up and for the most part work like they shold but the simple micro SD card in my cell phone won't show up on the file system. How do I mount it and get it to access via desktop? Terminal shows its there 'lsusb' but not sure what next...any clue?