View Full Version : [ubuntu] how do i install unetbootin 494

archlinuxisbetter
May 29th, 2013, 10:16 PM
background info
i used arch before ubuntu
i prefer arch
i think it is easier to use
ubuntu is harder
it justs come with too many preinstalled problems and bloatware i dont need i mean why do you even need a software center
so i want to go back to windows

my problem

i cant install unetbootin 494
i get the error
unetbootin-linux-494: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
i think i already have libpng development and runtime according to the software center
how do i fix this problem?
unetbootin the latest versioni works
but not 494
thank u

Cheesemill
May 29th, 2013, 10:21 PM
If you're just looking to create a bootable USB to install Windows you can use WinUSB.

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/tool-to-create-windows-usb-install.html

archlinuxisbetter
May 29th, 2013, 10:24 PM
If you're just looking to create a bootable USB to install Windows you can use WinUSB.

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/tool-to-create-windows-usb-install.html

http://pastebin.com/vpuYyhrt
here's the error when i try that

archlinuxisbetter
May 29th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I'd like to say that I'm trying to fix unetbootin 494, I'm not looking for help on how to install winusb or how to install windows on a usb

Cheesemill
May 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
If you're looking to replace Ubuntu altogether then don't worry about those errors.

If you look at line #5 then you can see that you already have winusb installed so just hit the super key and type 'winusb' to launch it.

Cheesemill
May 29th, 2013, 10:41 PM
We need more info to try and help.

What version of Ubuntu are you running?
How did you try and install UNetBootin?

CharlesA
May 30th, 2013, 02:27 AM
It is likely the problems you are having are related to this:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 70 not upgraded.

Did you try to upgrade to the next release of Ubuntu?

presence1960
May 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM
background info
i used arch before ubuntu
i prefer arch
i think it is easier to use
ubuntu is harder
it justs come with too many preinstalled problems and bloatware i dont need i mean why do you even need a software center
so i want to go back to windows

I too have been using arch for a little bit now, thus explaining my absence from this community. However I believe the above quote is not the best way to get help. No one likes to be told anything bad about something they like. I still have ubuntu installed on my multiboot system. Ubuntu got me started with linux. It is a solid distro with a great community for support. It is deftly suited to helping windows users transition to linux. I guess I am saying it would be beneficial to just stick to your issues and having them fixed. Comments on the subject of which OS is best are fruitless and are totally subjective. If ubuntu is unsatisfactory to you go back to Arch, Windows or try another linux distro until you find one you really like.